Posted by Tori West
January 19, 2016
Aside from a knife, an apron is a chef’s top kitchen companion. It enables a chef to keep her tools at hand, tweezers magically appearing at a moment’s notice. It is a form of identity, differentiating one chef from another. A flash of stripe here, a pop of electric blue there. It is a protective barrier between the sizzling oil and the skin. Aprons are a tool, a necessary instrument for this craft. Something by which a chef can carve out her culinary identity while reaping the functional benefits of a well constructed apron.
Hedley & Bennett Founder and Designer Ellen Bennett
With so many aprons on the market, it can be a confusing choice. It is a crowded market, but we truly believe that Hedley & Bennett aprons are in a league of their own. Below are 14 reasons why Hedley & Bennett Aprons Reign Supreme:
- It takes 40 people to make 1 Hedley & Bennett apron….by hand
- Owner and Designer Ellen Bennett draws on her own experience as a line chef with each apron design. These are not boutique aprons without function- Hedley & Bennett aprons have made it through the fire of the hottest working kitchens- now that’s good design!
- EVERYTHING is made in AMERICA. Period.
- Each apron has wide adjustable straps, so you do not have to tie and untie your apron each time.
- We hand select awesome, durable fabric from all over the world. Raw Japanese denim, Italian berto, American cone denim are heavy-hitters on our aprons.
- Hedley & Bennett supplies over 700 restaurants worldwide. This includes the likes of David Chang, Mario Batali, and Nobu Matsuhisa.
- All pockets are reinforced for necessary tools… sharpies and tweezers anyone?
- We have a 100% guarantee on our product, so if something happens to your pocket or you spill something on it and it is horribly damaged, we fix it for you no questions asked.
- We are no strangers to chef collaborations- most of our top sellers were designed with our favorite badass chefs (Roy Choi, Mario Batali, Ludo Lefebvre, etc.)
- H&B apron straps lie flat They DO NOT dig into your neck!
- Hedley & Bennett hand-makes each apron in a funky little factory in LA with a zip line, tree houses and other such shenanigans. Stop by for ice cream and a chance to try on a H&B creation!
- We customize. We embroider. We curtail an apron to your needs.
- We use entirely sustainable packaging.
- It’s not just an apron. It’s a uniform replacement. You don't have to wear an apron and buy your staff uniform. This is it, baby.
And while we admittedly focused on chefs in the list above, Hedley & Bennett aprons are made for creators of all kinds.
Gardeners, Mixologists, Makeup Artists, At-Home Chefs, Crafters, Florists, you name it!
Hedley & Bennett aprons are the uniforms of creators. Whether you bake soufflés, construct bouquets, or distill bourbon, Hedley & Bennett aprons have you covered.