BISCUITS, of course!
Don't know if you saw on Instagram, but Ellen rushed back from Hawaii in order to host a #BennettBrunches. We invited along a ragtag team of culinary captains (all in their own right) and threw together what was probably one of the best brunches so far!
Here's the founder of Callie's Biscuits, Carrie's biscuit recipe!
Callie’s Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups of Southern Self Rising Flour
- 6 Tablespoon Salted Butter, Divided
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese
- ¾ - 1 Cup Whole Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place 2 cups of the mix into a large bowl.
- Cut 4 tablespoons butter and cream cheese into small cubes, and then incorporate until the mixture looks like grated parmesan cheese.
- Make a well in the center of the dough, add buttermilk and combine until the dough is wet and sticky.
- Dust the dough, rolling surface, rolling pin, and a 2-inch biscuit cutter very liberally with the remaining biscuit mix.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface. Roll dough to ½-inch thick. Using the floured biscuit cutter, cute straight down into the dough, starting from the outside edge of the dough and working in.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet with sides. The biscuits should touch each other on the pan.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, turning the pan halfway through continuing to bake until the tops are a light golden brown.
Black Pepper Bacon Biscuits: Add 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to the mixture after the butter and cream cheese have been incorporated. Complete buttermilk recipe as stated. Sprinkle buttered tops with ½ teaspoon pepper.
Sharp-Cheddar Cheese Biscuits: Add 1 cup of coarsely grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese to the bowl after the butter and cream cheese have been incorporated. Complete the buttermilk recipe as stated
Make 'em yourself & tag us! #apronsquadeats