Posted by Diane Lieu
February 23, 2017
"Potluck is a brand new conference for a new generation of event companies. We believe in the power of the experience economy and are excited to have you join us at the table."
We were really excited to be invited to come along to the first ever Potluck Conference that took place over 2 days this past week at Hudson Loft in Downtown Los Angeles.
It was a gathering of hospitality professionals... think restaurant owners, venue managers, event coordinators, caterers, planners, designers, marketers, producers, small business owners, who got together to talk shop. Experiences good and bad, inspirations, techniques, and stories.
Here are our takeaways from the conference:
- We are all growing & learning. Big or small, businesses are always adapting to the changing market and that's key!
- Being an entrepreneur means being a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades in the beginning. You're going to have to do it all, embrace it.
- Ego = The Enemy. You're going to have to ask questions in order to learn. Don't be shy.
- You are your advantage. It may be scary but listening to your own instincts is important too!
- Give your employees the tools they need to succeed. Good pay, training, and treatment go a long way.
- Respect the chain of command. The boss of a situation may not be the boss at all.
Did any of you go? What were your takeaways??